ABRI PhD Positions
If you are interested in a PhD in Business Administration, you can apply for a PhD position at ABRI (Amsterdam Business Research Institute). This is a paid PhD position, for three or four years. Only candidates with an accredited research master (Mphil, MSc, for the 3-year position) or regular university master (MSc, MA for the 4-year position) are eligible. It is not possible to apply with an executive master degree (MBA) or a master degree from a university of applied sciences.
Application and selection criteria
To apply for the PhD position please submit the following documents per e-mail:
- A PhD proposal (Please use the given template, download here) Please note that the research must fit into the research tracks of ABRI (click here for details). You are kindly requested to get into contact with the research coordinator of the research track for feedback on your proposal before submitting it.
- An academic paper (conceptual or empirical)
- Copies of the academic transcripts and diplomas (certified) from a (Research) Master
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Two recommendation letters
- A GMAT or a GRE general test result (for applicants with a master diploma from a university outside the Netherlands).
- TOEFL/IELTS test results (for non-Dutch citizens who are not native speakers of English, and for whom the language of instruction was not English)
All the documentation (test results and recommendation letters inclusively) should be sent before the application deadline (1 March 2020).
Please submit all files to Ina Putter, email@example.com. Incomplete applications, or applications received after this date will not be considered.
For the official text of the PhD position vacancy please click here.
Externally-Funded Phd Positions
Apart from these annual PhD positions, ABRI sometimes offers 4-year externally paid PhD positions: Since these positions are funded by the industry and/or NWO, these positions do not have a fixed annual deadline and the number of positions is not fixed either. If available, these positions can be found here.