Nowadays, the organization of work and leisure time, the way we communicate and explore the world, are no longer subject to space and time constraints. The Internet has been essential in the emergence of new forms of organizing human activities.
Environmental degradation has become one of society’s key concerns. At the same time, despite widespread pro-environmental attitudes, consumers frequently purchase non-environmentally friendly goods or exhibit non-environmentally friendly behaviour.
ABRI focuses on learning as a key constituent of Doctoral candidates’ everyday experience. ABRI further believes that focusing on a community encourages knowledge creation and dissemination. With a strong emphasis on career development, we believe that Doctoral candidates’ credibility comes not only from doing good research but from being an excellent academic.
We believe that by offering a demanding yet well balanced programme candidates will be well prepared for an academic career or performing outstanding business practice research. ABRI offers programmes for Master students as well as fulltime and part-time Doctoral candidates.
Doctoral candidates are encouraged to partake in courses abroad as these experiences promote the intellectual and social development of candidates. This also applies to foreign participants who are interested in courses taught by ABRI. ABRI welcomes foreign participants to be as fully involved as possible with the content and fellow participants of courses.
- ABRI appointed 3 new Visiting Professors
- Workshop on the “Microfoundations of Institutions”
- Raymond Gradus appointed as new chairman of the Boards of financial supervision
- Record number of presentations at ABRI PhD Day
- Dr. Ruben van Werven successfully defended his PhD Thesis
- Eirini Spiliotopoulou wins Wickham Skinner Best Paper Award
- “Inside Executive Education: The Participants’ View”, by Prof. dr. Konstantin Korotov
- VU starts its own Center for Entrepreneurship
- Paul Jansen and Omar Solinger receive grant from NWO
- 5 PhD Positions at ABRI
- Prof. dr. Svetlana Khapova new head of Department M&O
- 6 professors appointed at FEWEB
- New book: An Intelligent Career: Taking Ownership of Your Work and Your Life
- Francesca Sotgiu (Marketing) and Dung Nguyen (Logistics) win ABRI Best Paper Awards 2016
- Lesley Weston new ABRI Programme Assistant